baslinux - Re: [BL] 2.6 kernel from puppy linux

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 2.6 kernel from puppy linux
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 08:18:02 +1200

Have you tried doing a 'mount -t ext2 /dev/hda1 /hd'?
Specifying the file system helps when that message comes up.
-- Zarek Jenkinson
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 4:25 AM, <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org> wrote:
2.6.21.7 retro kernel boots BL2.

No framebuffer support.

I cannot mount /dev/hda1 /hd - wrong fs......
(Can't do this in puppy either - it is automated somehow in the GUI).

The 2.6.21.7 modules I compiled using gcc from SW11 do not work with this
kernel (probably because it was compiled with a later gcc).  The error
message is wrong kernel version but I think it is really wrong gcc
version.

It may be possible to insmod module.ko (if you have the correct
match between kernel and modules).  I will attempt to copy puppy
kernel modules to BL and test.

Puppy with 2.6 kernel works with USB on my Thinkpad 770, as does DOS with
two sys files.  My 2.4 USB kernel or the non-USB kernel with modules
crashes.  I am hoping a 2.6 kernel from Puppy will work better.

Sindi Keesan