baslinux - [BL] tcc: Tiny C compiler

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] tcc: Tiny C compiler
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 21:49:57 -0800 (PST)

tcc (Tiny C compiler) is fantastic!

After struggling for a long time, i can still
only be considered a novice at C programming.
But i _love_ tcc!

After dealing with such cumbersome overhead in gcc
(GNU C compiler), which is the standard one used in
pretty much all versions of Linux, and not really
liking many of the other ones either (in Windows,
i tried DM, DJCPP, Ox, and others), i am just
blown away by how small and fast tcc is! And the
executables it produces are the smallest i've ever seen.

Note that tcc was originally an entry in the IOCCC
(International Obfuscated C Code Competition), and
also that its author is Fabrice Bellard, who also
created Qemu (the virtualization software) and is
also a major contributor to my current favorite
small Linux: SliTaz.

I have tcc running on a few of my BasicLinux 3.5 systems.
For BL it can't be beat.

-monz

--- On Wed, 2/10/10, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>