baslinux - Re: [BL] Linux Book(s)

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Linux Book(s)
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 19:59:01 -0800 (PST)

When i was a Linux newbie, i found _The Linux Bible_
to be a very good intro.

O'Reilly's _Linux in a Nutshell_ is a great reference
for when you know more.

And when you're ready to get serious, _Beginning Linux
Programming_ is a huge goldmine of info.

I found copies of all of these first at the public library.
The only problem is that in some cases the library books
were too old, and in other cases the library books were
up-to-date but then when i ordered a cheap used copy online
_that_ turned out to be out-of-date. So be sure to get
an edition of the book which matches the version of Linux
you use. Things change fast in Linux.

-monz

--- On Mon, 2/8/10, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>