baslinux - Re: [BL] Linux Book(s) (and Tiny C)

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Linux Book(s) (and Tiny C)
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 23:00:37 +0100

Thanks -monz. I shall bear that in mind.
Old computers, old systems, old books - nothing wrong with that!
I didn't get to the library today, after all but I've seen on their website
that
they don't have the books you mentioned but they do have books of the vintage
you mention if only in Dutch translation :-).

In the meantime I've been amusing myself by installing things with pkg.
yabasic to try out the principle of the thing - worked perfectly.
and then passwd - so I can kid myself I'm running a big UNIX machine with
*users* ;-)
I was a bit worried when I restarted the old lappy, though and found I had to
log in straight away...
Thought I'd been reduced to an unprivileged user for ever! ...and I can't
quite figure out groups, yet.

I read something in the archives about the Tiny C Compiler - is this still
around?

Dick.