baslinux - [BL] Upgrading BL3 X to libc6, was Re: Need help with Rosegarden app-defaults file, was Re: Compaq Armada 4120

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Upgrading BL3 X to libc6, was Re: Need help with Rosegarden app-defaults file, was Re: Compaq Armada 4120
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 16:45:50 +0000 (UTC)

Rosegarden precompiled for libc5 is missing things.

The libc6 version wants a libc6 X, I think - undefined symbol _xstat for libX11.so.6, relocation error.

I am not set up to compile for libc5 or X.

Steven, do you want to compile Rosegarden 2.1 for libc5?
If not, could you please post (at the BL site?) instructions how to upgrade X from libc5 to libc6, with mention of what gets broken when you do that. Do jwm and magicpoint need libc5 X? Abiword already works in BL2 X with glibc 2.2.5.

Sindi Keesan