baslinux - Re: [BL] Opera 10 experiment, was Re: dual-boot bl and puppy linux with loadlin or lilo

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Opera 10 experiment, was Re: dual-boot bl and puppy linux with loadlin or lilo
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 21:30:13 +0000 (UTC)

I downloaded Opera 10.0 debian static (using Opera).
It is NOT qt-static.

It appears to require GLIBC 2.3.2 (Slackware 9.1? - I have 2.3.6 already from SW11, for use with Fireafox and Seamonkey), and some X libraries not found in SW 4.0 or used by these other browsers, which I got from Slackware 8.1 xfree86 package and copied to /usr/X*/lib/

libfreetype 250K
libXrender 17K
libGL 400K
libXft 90K

I also extracted libqt-mt.so.3.0.4 from Slackware 8.1
6.4MB library, 14MB package. Lots of doc files.
Copied it to /usr/lib and ran ldconfig for all libraries.

Opera complains now of an undefined symbol
-ZN1ZQApplicationBactive_WindowE (or similar).

Some day I will try instead the libqt from Slackware 11.
The package is 19MB, the library 7MB, my signal 0-40K/sec.

BL2 downloaded all these files perfectly (links2 for Slackware,
Opera 9 for Opera 10). Puppy found four encrypted signals but I could not get it to connect, possibly my fault (have not used it with networking yet, just modem). I am online now with BL2 not encrypted (at 45 deg F with no wind). Same airo card.

GUIs are not very legible outdoors on my laptops.