baslinux - [BL] Damnsmalllinux packages for BL?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Damnsmalllinux packages for BL?
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 16:18:15 +0000 (UTC)

I found at the MYSDL repository (ibiblio) which has lots of programs

firefox-2.0-gtk1.uci from 2005 Bon Echo 2 9.8MB

Compiled to use less resources than the official version (GTK2?).

Can we get files out of a .uci 'mountable extension' to use with BL?

There is also a Bon Echo (2? 1.5?) included in the 50MB base CD version. Can one extract files from the KNOPPIX image? Mount it loop?
I will try copying them to a mounted hard drive while running the live CD.

I also want to try in BL their version of DILLO, to which they somehow added frames and SSL, not found in the official version. (Which needs the X11 headers to compile, along with precompiled FLTK toolkit).

Sindi Keesan