baslinux - Re: [BL] Damnsmalllinux packages for BL?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Damnsmalllinux packages for BL?
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 23:46:53 +0000 (UTC)

Dillo in the latest DSL (4.4.10) is still only 0.8.5.
I have not found the .uci Dillo-2 with frames and SSL.
A .uci is a compressed loop format and needs cloop.ko to uncompress and was invented by Knoppix. Not available in regular kernel source for 2.4.31 (or in Steven's kernels for 2.2.26).

If I find it I will attempt to use it in DSL and copy the uncompressed file(s) to BL.

I tried again to compile. Parse errors with gcc 2.95.3 so I downloaded and installed gcc and gcc-g++ from Slackware 11. (I needed the later gcc to compile something else recently).

In addition to three X includes from Slackware 7 (Xi.h XInput.h and and shape.h) it needed one from Slackware 9.0 or later (Xcursor.h).
x11-dev in Slackware 11 has it. I got only that file (via freeshell, with 90K/sec download). Something else in that package may also be needed.

After creating a lot of .o files it got stuck again:
cannot find -lXi. I have libXi.so.6 in /usr/X11R6/lib and I reconfigured and explicitly pointed it there with no improvement.

Someone suggested export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=... which did not work either.

Some who got this error compiling were missing the package with libXi in it. I have it from Slackware 7.1. The config.log claims it could not find it and some other libraries, but then listed them at the end.

Someone else got this error after updating to Fedora 6, where their kernel is older than the kernel source.

Linuxpackages has eFLTK 2.0.5 for SW10.2, extended FLTK required by EDE and some pre-2 versions of plain FLTK. 1MB. Puts lots of .h files into /usr/include/efltk.

Dillo still complains that it cannot find FLTK2 when I configure.

Steven, can you (using gcc from Slackware 11) compile fltk 2 and dillo 2?

Can someone find and test it with DSL?
------

DSL Firefox 2 .so libraries are glibc 2.3.2, whereas the ones in Seamonkey 1.1 are 2.3.4. glibc 2.3.2 is about 1/4 smaller than 2.3.6.