baslinux - [BL] Seamonkey upgrade and plugins

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Seamonkey upgrade and plugins
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 17:33:33 +0000 (UTC)

Plugins can be copied from one version to another.
I did not INSTALL seamonkey but run it from the unpacked directory.
cd /seamonkey*
./seamonkey (wrapper script)

Look in /chrome (.jar) /defaults/pref (js) and /plugins (.so - Mplayer only) for the files (which have different dates from Seamonkey files).

The only plugins listed for about:plugins are the ones in /plugins.
(They don't show up with Firefox either).

Transliterator plugin requires Seamonkey 2 (still alpha) but works with
Firefox 1.5. You need to add the pertinent fonts (Cyrillic, etc.).
Seamonkey 2 is using code more similar to Firefox for plug compatibility.

Sites on average look better with Firefox. The plugins site appears to be missing a lot of graphics with Seamonkey (but I may have set preferences wrong). Categories menu is transparent and hard to read.

A later Firefox or Seamonkey (GTK2) should work everywhere. Opera worked at one site where they both failed, and vice versa.

What files do we need for GKT2 and can someone post a package (glibc 2.3.6)?

Sindi Keesan