baslinux - Re: [BL] A small secure sshd package

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] A small secure sshd package
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 04:50:12 -0700 (PDT)

update:

i ran:
# mkdir /etc/dropbear
# dropbearkey -t rsa -f /etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host_key
# dropbearkey -t dss -f /etc/dropbear/dropbear_dss_host_key

then also:
# mkdir /etc/ssh
# edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config

and basically all i put into sshd_config was:
Protocol 2

i created those files because from what i found by googling
it seemed that dropbear is looking for those files to be there.

this is what i get when i try to ssh to the toshiba t4800ct (which
i'm calling "host1" here) from another linux computer ("host2"):

monz@host2:~$ ssh -v monz@host1
OpenSSH_5.0p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009
debug1: Connecting to host1 [192.168.1.100] port 22.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: identity file /home/monz/.ssh/identity type -1
debug1: identity file /home/monz/.ssh/id_rsa type -1
debug1: identity file /home/monz/.ssh/id_dsa type -1
monz@host2:~$

please help. thanks.

-monz

--- On Sat, 6/6/09, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>