baslinux - Re: [BL] A small secure sshd package

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] A small secure sshd package
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 23:14:33 -0700 (PDT)

hi sindi,

ok, i finally installed your dropbear package on my toshiba t4800ct.

i saw that it put all four files (dropbear, dbclient, dropbearkey,
and scp) into the root (/) directory. based on where my other
linuxes put those files, i moved them so that dropbear is in /usr/sbin
and the other three are in /usr/bin.

then, logged in as root, i ran this command:
# dropbear

but i still cannot login to this computer from any of my other machines.
i tried doing it by both hostname and ip address, but no go either way.
please help.

ps - even before i installed dropbear, i was already able to use
ssh from this machine as a remote client, to login to my other machines.
but i can't figure out how to go the other way around.

-monz

--- On Tue, 5/26/09, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>