baslinux - Re: [BL] Seamonkey 1.1.15 was Re: SIP phone

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Seamonkey 1.1.15 was Re: SIP phone
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 19:45:09 GMT

I will upgrade to SW11 solibs - do you think I can still
compile without the full glibc package?

I found linphone, 7.5MB source code for use with VOIP with
console mode option, but the binaries need recent rpm or deb
and I bet it uses ALSA.

A hardware solution would be simplest but would cost. (It would
save the cost of leaving a computer running full-time). Another
simple solution is to use a win98 laptop with ExpressTalk, a 400K
download that uses up 6MB of memory. X-Lite 3 Windows uses 28MB.

Ekiga requires GNOME. There is SJPhone's softphone for Windows or
Linux (older versions for both 4MB) which uses 18MB in Windows.

Besides glibc2 solibs, should I upgrade any other packages?
I can try just copying over dependencies for Firefox etc. from
SW11 and ldconfig. Steven, did you get Seamonkey working in BL
with glibc upgrade and the few missing dependencies?

There is a Twinkle softphone for linux which needs a lot of libraries
one of which is boost 29MB C++ library. Too many features.

I will try linphone binary after the glibc upgrade.