baslinux - Re: [BL] DE-220PCT

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] DE-220PCT
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 23:59:25 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

So I got a DE-220PCT for the computer (486, 8MB RAM) that I intend on
using BasicLinux with (dualboot with DOS 6.22). It's a 16-bit ISA
ethernet/coaxial adapter. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any
experience with it and whether or not they know if it works or does not
work in BL3.

-Zach

See http://www.scrounge.org/linux/nics.htm

This is a pnp ISA modem.

They say to run install.exe in DOS to disable the PNP mode first.
That program might give you irq and io. I had a 3com like that where I could use DOS to choose irq and io, then use without pnp. pnp in linux is a major nuisance.

insmod ne irq=10 io=0x300 (or whatever the numbers are)

Do you have PCI slots?