baslinux - Re: [BL] list active TCP/UDP ports & connections

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] list active TCP/UDP ports & connections
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 13:26:32 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Hi Baslinuxers !

Basic question from yours truly : does BL3 have a command to list
open connections ? I know of "lsof -i", which does not seem to be
implemented here.

I compiled busybox 1.3.2 to include netstat, but these later busyboxes don't tend to work well with a 2.2 kernel. You could try compiling busybox 1.0.1 to include netstat. Maybe Steven wants to add it some day. I needed netstat to use with chkrootkit.

netstat shows me that I have an Active Internet connection (w/o servers)
via tcp, with my local IP address, foreign address, and no active UNIX domain sockets.

If I start dropbear (ssh server) and use dbclient to connect, I get two more lines of active internet connections. When I kill dropbear they go away. pure-ftpd produces similar results. The foreign address is localhost:32775. I have to start netstat several times for the connection to go away in both cases, and mini_httpd is not detected as a connection at all. Busybox programs are not perfect.

Czerno