baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 networked to Mac (various) and ssh server (LONG!)

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 networked to Mac (various) and ssh server (LONG!)
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 01:46:18 +0000 (UTC)

I am online ssh'ed to the Mac from BL laptop with Aironet 340 wireless card after turning on remote login there, plugging in a wireless router, and assigning BL and Mac numbers similar to the IP number of the router. Manually on both ends, but I think the Mac does it automatically and I could have used dhcp after ifconfig eth0 up. But dhcp replaces my DNS numbers (at the library, anyway).

I have not been able to connect via wireless between BL and anything else without the router.

In /etc/ on the Mac there are not only the two ssh keys but .pub versions of them. dropbearkey -y is supposed to make those.

Dropbear uses switches not config files.

Can I also use BL2 as an X terminal? I don't know if it will use Aqua instead of X.