baslinux - Re: [BL] new BL 3.5 image file uploaded to my site

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] new BL 3.5 image file uploaded to my site
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 19:09:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008, Sindi wrote:

It claims to let you run DOS/Windows 3.x under linux, and to run Linux 2.4 and 2.6 under Windows etc. Have you tried running DOS under BL3, and Wordperfect for DOS?

No, haven't tried that. I'm guessing Virtualbox would be too "modern" to run under BL. But note that David Moberg and others of us were able to install and run the other virtual machine, qemu, under BL: I even installed Windows 98 under BL using qemu. As I recall, there's a precompiled qemu binary that works pretty much "out of the box" on BL. I'd go with qemu if you want to try running DOS and Wordperfect in a virtual machine under BL.

Was your suggestion primarily to use this to run linux under Windows?

Yeah, so people with Windows, or maybe newer versions of Linux, could try out BL.

James