baslinux - Re: [BL] Mounting Floppy and CDrom

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Mounting Floppy and CDrom
  • Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 14:48:53 +1300

Message from Steven
===================
Teixeira wrote:

> I need to know which are the steps to have floppy

mount /fd

> and Cdrom mounted on BL3

insmod cdrom
insmod ide-cd
insmod isofs
mount /dev/hdc /mnt

> I can make mkdir /mnt/cdrom for example

mount /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom (if you prefer)

> but I can't go to /etc/fstab

edit /etc/fstab

> My access to /etc/fstab is denied

Really? What does it say?

> and I notice that I can't do "su" or "sudo" or log as root

In BL3 you are automatically root. Try this:
------
whoami
------

> I also need do tkow if formatting a floppy like
> mount -t ext2 /dev/fd0 /mnt
> is ok.

That will mount the floppy on /mnt, but it does not
format the disk itself. To format a floppy, you use
fdformat and mke2fs.