baslinux - Re: [BL] which BL? advice needed

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] which BL? advice needed
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 09:56:36 -0600

Getting back to this project a bit more now. I envision the machine in question being used almost solely for web browsing. Perhaps a game of Freecell or Solitaire would be the only other use this machine would see. Loading Opera on there would be imperative. So, I can expect problems running Opera under a user account on BL 3.5, correct? If I use BL 3, I should use only as high as version 8 of Opera, but avoid version 9? The machine will have an ethernet connection to the 'net, btw, so no need for the user to dial or use rxvt.

So far as loading BL 2 on here, I'd like to use Xvesa rather than a fuller X: is that advisable and/or possible with BL2?

Hopefully I'll be able to finish this project over Christmas break. I'll undoubtedly have more questions between now and early Jan. Thanks for the input so far.

James