baslinux - Re: [BL] Specific N.I.C. and sound drivers for BL3-50?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Specific N.I.C. and sound drivers for BL3-50?
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 06:17:04 +0000 (UTC)

2) The sound card is a built-in computer component which registers as
a 'Crystal PnP Audio System MPU-401 Compatible' in Windows 98.
For kernel 2.2.26 without external or synthesized midi (use the BL
timidity package instead):

insmod soundcore
insmod sound
insmod uart401
insmod ad1848
insmod cs4232 io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=5

went ahead and carried this out after downloading the extra needed BL3
modules (for kernel 2.2.26)
No error messages from this and 'lsmod' showed that these modules all
seemed to load fine.

Once this was carried out and 'mpg123 /tmp/test.mp3' started,
IRQ/DRQ Configuration Error messages kept appearing on the screen.

I was getting messages like this at one point with an SB16 and mp3 files (I think the other formats worked), but I think the dma2 (dma16? - you could try that instead) fixed it. Please search the BL archives for DRQ. Does workbone work to play music CDs? (You need to symlink hdc or hdd to /dev/cd first).

Try sox.tgz play program on a .wav file.

I posted a BL3 midi player playmidi (http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl maybe in a BL3 directory). Try that on a midi file if you first insmod opl3 io=0x388 and use the switch -4 or -f for synthesized midi.

'cat /proc/ioports' showed the Crystal audio controller as
io=0x220-0x223 with no other overlapping addresses
'cat /proc/dma' properly showed dma=1 and dma=5 with the Crystal audio
controller
'cat /proc/interrupts' showed 5: 232

Stopped looking into configuring this sound-unit from within DOS,
and/or spending time playing around with the repository's mpu401.o
module.

Try to get it working in DOS first and then boot with loadlin?

-itf36