baslinux - Re: [BL] which BL? advice needed

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] which BL? advice needed
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 18:18:49 +1300

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> I posted a summary of what you need to do
> in order to dial, use rxvt, etc. as user.
> It was not easy. You have to hang up before
> rebooting or shutting down or ttyS* reverted
> to not being usable by 'user'.

That's simply fixed by chmod-ing your ttyS
in your system startup script. That will
automatically set your ttyS to the correct
value.

> I have no experience setting up broadband

AFAIK, it's just like setting up a network
connection (insmod, ifconfig, route add).
That's for network connections to the
broadband router -- USB connections to
broadband routers are very different
(and should be avoided).

> Suggest webmail.

Why? BL3 has the sylpheed package (which I
use daily) and Opera has a built-in mail client.