baslinux - Re: [BL] (no subject)

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] (no subject)
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 19:30:10 +1300

Message from Steven
===================

> I'm getting kicked out of X with the following message:
> Fatal server error:
> Cannot open mouse (No such file or directory)
>
> ...am I supposed to have a 'mouse' file in /dev/mouse?

The old BL3 startx (before you installed no-xvesa.tgz)
asked you what type of mouse (PS/2, COM1 or COM2). It
then set /dev/mouse to that type of mouse.

> I've posted the "pointer" section the X86Config file
> I found for my laptop.
>
> Section "Pointer"
> Protocol "mouse"
> Device "/dev/mouse"

I'm surprised your XF86Config is using the generic
/dev/mouse instead of specifying the actual mouse
type. If your mouse is PS/2, replace /dev/mouse
with /dev/psaux. If your mouse is on COM1, replace
it with /dev/ttyS0. If your mouse is on COM2, use
/dev/ttyS1.