baslinux - [BL] (no subject)

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] (no subject)
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 19:30:52 -0400

I'm trying to get X working on BasicLinux 3. The default version included with it started up fine, but was limited. I followed the instructions on the site [How to replace Xvesa with a standard Xserver]... In configuring XF86Config, I got asked if I wanted to link some file to something... I don't really remember. Now X doesn't start up at all, I just get the following message:

xinit: No such file or directory (errno 2): no server "X" in PATH

Use the --option or make sure that /usr/X11R6/bin is in your path and that "X" is a program or a link to the right type of server for your displace. Possible server names include: [list of servers]

I'm completely new to linux, would appreciate any help.TiA

Express yourself with free Messenger emoticons. Get them today!