baslinux - [BL] X fonts & character diplay

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] X fonts & character diplay
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 16:19:22 +0200 (CEST)

Czerno speaking : Hi again, List!

I am beginning to regret (not!) having opened that can of worms.
The problem with chars > 127 is choosing the graphics from the right
in context charset. Now using links as an example, with iso-8859-1
fonts provided by Sindi, works good for viewing pages from the Net,
more or less, but terrible locally : 'box' characters, presumably
from IBM/MS "codpage" #437, being substitued by accented latin
letters and the like!

Wish I had backed the original fonts up. Can I restore them easily ?
I'd keep both sets side to side but use the original until this issue
can be resolved...

Cheers

--
Czerno