baslinux - [BL] X fonts & character diplay

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] X fonts & character diplay
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 14:27:54 +0200 (CEST)

Czerno to BL List : hi !

Steven said: > if you want a particular rxvt (or text-based
> application running in an xterm) to have a larger
> or smaller font.

I find 10x20 fonts too large for regular use on the 17" CRT
even in 1024x768 (highest practical) res. What are the other
sizes to experiment with, besides 9x15 and 10x20 ?

The 9x15 one is ideally sized on my system : are you going to
provide a full iso-8859-1 version ? Please!

> I suggest you try the the 11x19 font.
> Sindi's version should have high ascii.

I tried her 10x20 font in rxvt. Yes, it has hi-asc ! Thumbs up to
Sindi! However, I cannot seem to make (keyboard table problem?) or
display (font problem?) combined characters (made from pressing,
first a 'mute' accent key, then the plain letter, ex. e with
diaeresis.
I need to go look for a site with an illustrated character table in
order to determine where the problem is. We are progressing anyway !

BTW, does BL3 contain a hex editor/viewer ?

> If that works, we can get you a new 9x15 font.

Bless you ;=)

Sindi said : > Maybe webmail is tolerable with broadband.

Fair enough. You're on dialup, sorry I hadn't paid
attention.
> I never knew about Ctrl-X e. I already have 'pico' as my editor
in BL2. > Thanks! Big improvement. Where did you learn this?

I'm the type who *really* RTFM <LOL> Glad I could be of some help,
who'd thought that ?

Czerno