baslinux - Re: [BL] X fonts & character diplay

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] X fonts & character diplay
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 16:50:24 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Czerno speaking : Hi again, List!

I am beginning to regret (not!) having opened that can of worms.
The problem with chars > 127 is choosing the graphics from the right
in context charset. Now using links as an example, with iso-8859-1
fonts provided by Sindi, works good for viewing pages from the Net,
more or less, but terrible locally : 'box' characters, presumably
from IBM/MS "codpage" #437, being substitued by accented latin
letters and the like!

Make a 2-floppy BL3.50 and copy fonts from there.

clR9x15 says it is iso646.
Now at
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/clR9x15.pcf.gz

cl is Schumacher iso646
Most of the other fixed fonts are 8859-1 (5x8 is iso646, some are 8859-15)
9x15 that I uploaded before is 8859-1.

Which charset do you need to view things properly locally?

Wish I had backed the original fonts up. Can I restore them easily ?
I'd keep both sets side to side but use the original until this issue
can be resolved...

Cheers

--
Czerno