baslinux - [BL] Re : Colours, or lack thereof (cont-d)

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Re : Colours, or lack thereof (cont-d)
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 23:43:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hello BasLinux mail list, Czerno writing.

I extracted and installed xev from the Slackware 4.0 base, per
Sindi's good advice. With it it was a piece of cake to find the
keycodes for my keyboard, which I plugged in ~/.xmodmaprc .

Success :The French keyboard is now working properly in the wm !
I note it would have been impossible without xev : keycodes seem to
vary wildly between keyboards of one same language.

This leaves the fonts to be installed. Steven, I wholeheartedly
support Sindi's prayer that you provide an even minimalistic set of
fonts containing the whole iso-8859-1 repertoire, repackaged for
/easy/ installation by clueless n00bz such as me !

Alternatively, what precise files should be replaced from the
Slackware versions ?

--
Czerno