baslinux - Re: [BL] Solved inverted video for lynx in terminal window

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Solved inverted video for lynx in terminal window
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 18:09:37 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Short note : in order to get white text on black with lynx running
in a term, you only have to add "-rv" as a parameter to rxvt.

This has the same effect as -fg white -bg black and is shorter. Clever.

I created a menu line for lynx in the JWM desktop, which reads :

<Program label="Lynx">rxvt -rv +sb -g 78x28 -e lynx </Program>

Could you also edit the entry for rxvt to invert the video for all programs running in an rxvt?

... Cheers,

--
Czerno

I saw a lot of blank lines after the above.

I still don't know why in BL2 under icewm lynx displays dark blue against pale tan (identical to the appearance in a console), but in BL3 with or without a wm it displays white on black in a console, or black on white in a non-inverted rxvt.

In BL2 without a wm (Xvesa &rxvt) lynx displays as dark brown text against pale tan. The wm appears to influence the colors, but even without a wm BL3 and BL2 display different colors. I think I am using the same lynx.lss.

If you have space in BL3, you could try icewm.

Also try without lynx.lss - it will give you different (default) colors.
(Rename lynx.lss to lynx.lss.bak).