baslinux - Re: [BL] Re : Colours, or lack thereof (cont-d)

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re : Colours, or lack thereof (cont-d)
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 02:06:37 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Hello BasLinux mail list, Czerno writing.

I extracted and installed xev from the Slackware 4.0 base, per
Sindi's good advice. With it it was a piece of cake to find the
keycodes for my keyboard, which I plugged in ~/.xmodmaprc .

Success :The French keyboard is now working properly in the wm !
I note it would have been impossible without xev : keycodes seem to
vary wildly between keyboards of one same language.

'one and the same' or just 'the same' language.
Your English is otherwise absolutely perfect (as long as you don't attempt local dialects ;=) ).

How many different French keyboards are there?
The 101-key ones here all seem to be nearly identical except on laptops.

This leaves the fonts to be installed. Steven, I wholeheartedly
support Sindi's prayer that you provide an even minimalistic set of
fonts containing the whole iso-8859-1 repertoire, repackaged for
/easy/ installation by clueless n00bz such as me !

Not prayer but suggestion or request.

I tried to make a package of fonts with which to overwrite the five in /usr/X11R6/lib/fonts/misc.

I found clR9x15 in /misc, helvB14 and R12 in /75dpi or /100dpi (which of them should I use?), and lutRS19 in /75dpi and /100dpi but did not find a lutB24, just lutBS24. fonts.dir also refers to lutB24. Could I substitute lutBS24 and rename it lutB24 to match fonts.dir? (Or edit fonts.dir to match lutBS24).

(Add pcf.gz to all above names).
Sindi

Alternatively, what precise files should be replaced from the
Slackware versions ?

--
Czerno