baslinux - Re: [BL] Yet another clueless n00b - with lotsa questions

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Yet another clueless n00b - with lotsa questions
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 20:55:19 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================
Czerno wrote:

can I enable SSL/TLS in the simple browser ?

The simple browser in BL3 does not do SSL/TLS.
To add encrytion would double the size.

I believe Sindi has a SSL lynx package at her site.

Karolis compiled the latest lynx uclibc-static (you don't need to add any libc at all).
I copied his package to
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/lynx-2.8.6rel4-2_2.4.tgz

You should replace the cert.pem there with the latest one from my site: download cacert.pem.gz, gunzip, and rename first.

I posted documentation for lynx 2.8.5 as lynxdoc-2.8.5rel1.tgz

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/blfiles.htm describes what most of the contents of my bl directory does. Some of it is scripts just for my use.

Christo added the html links to the actual programs.

Congratulations on figuring out the video problem. Xvesa does not display 8-bit color properly with any card.

You may have the most obsolete BL3 computer in several years.