baslinux - Re: [BL] Yet another clueless n00b - with lotsa questions

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Yet another clueless n00b - with lotsa questions
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:25:40 +0200 (CEST)

Hi, Steven & Sindi!

This is Czerno speaking! I've done my home work, found the
/etc/XConfig and edited its 1st line to : 1024x768x4 .

Was then able to boot X successfully ! As I suspected, the 8-bit or
more colour modes cause Xstart to fail for whatever reason, but 4-bit
planar modes work and all's well that ends well :=)

>>> I had booted Baslin without a config or autoexec
>>> & that from DOS 6.2 as well as DOS 7.10

> Have you also tried the 2-floppy BL3.50, which boots with lilo
> instead of loadlin? I have run into a few computers where Xvesa
> (the BL3 X server)
> does not work when you boot linux from DOS even without config.sys
or
> autoexec.bat, but works after a lilo boot.
> A DOS mouse driver will also interfere. Unload it first.

I had none DOS mouse driver - really clean boot. In view of the
preceding, won't need to try the LILO/floppy boot either.

> Do you have other video cards you could substitute?

I have an even older WD with even less memory than the Orchid and I
am glad I won't have to try the substitution.

Now please tell...
1) can I enable SSL/TLS in the simple browser ?
2) can somebody point me to simple instructions for enabling the
French keyboard under X & at the console (I know that is 2 different
questions)

Thanks !

--
Czerno

Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expériences des internautes
sur Yahoo! Questions/Réponses
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com