baslinux - Re: [BL] Yet another clueless n00b - with lotsa questions

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Yet another clueless n00b - with lotsa questions
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 21:58:58 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Czerno wrote:

> I had booted Baslin without a config or autoexec
> & that from DOS 6.2 as well as DOS 7.10

What resolution were you using? 640x480? 16 colors?

> Is it possible that StartX doesn't recognise
> my video adapter ?

Please enter the following at the command line:
Xvesa -listmodes
What does it say about your video adapter?

> This is as I said before, an ISA "S3" type 801.

S3 should be no problem. If we can't get Xvesa to
work, you can install the dedicated S3 Xserver from
Slackware 4.0. That will almost certainly work.