baslinux - Re: [BL] What is the best way to install BL 3.50 to HDD?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] What is the best way to install BL 3.50 to HDD?
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 06:58:20 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Brandon wrote:

> It's around 500megs...I had DSL on it, but GRUB wouldn't
> init because it lacks a coprocessor.

Sounds like it is messed up.

> I can take it out and format it some way

That would be the cleanest way to get started.
Reformat from DOS and create a small (40-120mb)
bootable DOS partition (drive C:). Leave the
rest empty.

> but getting GRUB out of the boot sector is a big PITA.

Execute from DOS: FDISK /MBR

> unfortunately it doesn't have USB.

What does it have? floppy? network card? modem?
Is there any way to get files into the computer?
laplink (interlnk/intersvr) cable?