baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3.5 and QEMU

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3.5 and QEMU
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 20:49:21 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

So you are saying that diskette 1 for BL 2 must also be a DOS bootdisk? This is no problem but it should be mentioned somewhere in the docs. I have been thinking about trying to run DOS in QEMU, just to see how that would work. Please let me know, thanks. Oh, the other BL discussion stream has been very interesting too...

You can mount /dev/fd0 to look at each BL2 floppy disk and you should see DOS command.com, loadlin.exe, boot.bat, and I forget what else on the first disk. Disk1 boots to DOS and then uses loadlin to boot to linux, after reassembling the file containing the filesystem from pieces on both disks.

I do not recall if the BL2 program for making the two disks puts on the DOS boot files or you need to do that yourself. There must be instructions in the downloaded package.

Please set your mail program to send only plain text.

Sindi

BL2 I think boots with loadlin from a DOS bootdisk with the kernel and
part of the filesystem, then the second disk contains the rest of the file
system, which is combined with the first part in DOS.