baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3.5 and QEMU

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3.5 and QEMU
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 20:35:32 +0000

So you are saying that diskette 1 for BL 2 must also be a DOS bootdisk?  This is no problem but it should be mentioned somewhere in the docs.  I have been thinking about trying to run DOS in QEMU, just to see how that would work.  Please let me know, thanks.  Oh, the other BL discussion stream has been very interesting too...
-------------- Original message from baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org: --------------

> >> is the procedure for producing bootable BL 2
> >> floppies different from producing bootable
> >> BL 3 floppies?
> >
> > You know, it's been so long since I did the BL2
> > floppies that I'm not really sure. I do remember
> > that for a long time we split the BasicLinux
> > filesystem into two parts (one on each floppy)
> > and used a DOS ramdisk to join them together.
> > But I can't remember when we changed to the
> > new method (lilo). I think it started with BL3
> > but I'm not sure.
>
> BL2 I think boots with loadlin from a DOS bootdisk with the kernel and
> part of the filesystem, then the second disk contains the rest of the file
&g t; system, which is combined with the first part in DOS.