baslinux - Re: [BL] X problem - thinkpad 365E

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] X problem - thinkpad 365E
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:08:47 +1100

On Monday 19 March 2007 16:24, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
> Message from Steven
> ===================

Further to my previous post as rsimmons AT melbpc.org.au, I have now changed my
list membership to my broadband name and address rogsimmons AT optusnet.com.au.

So I hope communications will now be more reliable! - And my subject line
appears!

> Try booting with a naked DOS: no autoexec.bat
> and no config.sys. A boot floppy is fine.

A boot floppy has given me X. Thanks: a skittering mouse is still a minor
problem

> > > startx
I should have said that after the initial run of xsetup ("A", "P", "2")
or on subsequent "startx"s, a one-line message in duplicate momentarily
flashed up,
"Interrupt pointer doesn't ......" and I couldn't get the rest of it, nor
find
anything in /var: The screen then went blank and I could only regain control
by cntrl-alt-Dec.
Is there a way of slowing down such messages? or will they be somewhere in
the
logs hiding from me?

> Most important: see what happens with naked DOS.
> If startx doesn't work with naked DOS, please make
> note of any differences (if any) in the behavior
> of startx, and send us a copy of what you have in
> /etc/Xconfig

Noted: /etc/Xconfig reflects my input to Xsetup

Again Thanks.