baslinux - Re: [BL] script to extract http://'s from a doc. 5D

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org, keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] script to extract http://'s from a doc. 5D
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 17:09:13 +0000

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 08:08:44PM +0000, sindi keesan wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Lee Forrest wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 02:58:37AM +0000, sindi keesan wrote:
> >
> > [delete]
> >
> >> This produced a file called links.html with only the html tags.
> >
> > I just read over both of your responses about the script.
> >
> > Something is screwy with the "file_with_urls". Non-printing characters
> > (including
> > newlines) or non-us-ascii characters or spaces in the urls.
>
> It is a 186K .doc file with lots of garbage in it.

I don't do windows files. I wrote the script for a linux/unix
file containing us-ascii characters.

It works perfectly on them, as long as the urls are intact (no
spaces and on the same line).

I tested it repeatedly on a file filled with urls, random text,
and links.

If you want it to work on the windows file, then you need to
convert that file to the above described format first.

I've been talking to my local phone company. I can get a DSL
line for $55/mo, up 24-7, with 1.5MB/second download and 1 MB/second
upload. Add a big harddrive and I can do a good job of running an
FTP server, which they have no problems with.

Modem rents for $5/month.

I'm studying their website right now, and will probably do it.

[delete]

Lee