baslinux - [BL] About C development

  • From: Hermang Mansilla <herman_blues AT yahoo.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] About C development
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 16:07:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I faced the same problem and tried to solve it using
a small C compiler called tcc (Tiny C compiler),
I compiled it in Peanut Linux 9.5 and got impressed:

After compiling, you get a small binary about 100kb
some include files in /usr/local/include about 10kb
and a small library about 200kb
The package include sample C programs you can try,
even for X programming.
TCC works as compiler or as interpreter, so you write
C code and run it like if it were a Perl script.
Even as an interpreter you can link with libraries and
run graphic applications without compiling anything.

If someone compiles tcc for Baslinux, please let me
know. I could not use the compiled binary because it
depends on libc6 and I dont like to have 2 sets of
libraries mixed up.
Bye!
-Hermang H.M.M.

Have a burning question?