baslinux - Re: [BL] Linux book

  • From: "Ron Clarke" <ariadne AT ausreg.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Linux book
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:50:14 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 22:50:40 +0000 (UTC), sindi keesan wrote:

>>> What is postage from the US?

My wife (who does a lot of purchasing from the USA to Oz) says:

USP and Fedex: too expensive - forget them.

Ordinary Global Priority: are reasonable, expect about US$10 or so
depending on weight.

>> Postage from one side of Aus to another on a medium sized book is about
>> $10. I guess from US to Aus might be double that.

It can be if you use an expensive service. Check the postal rates
that would be offered by EACH seller ! Often the only postage option
offered by some sellers (and there can be margins added onto that, too,
by the seller), can make the whole delivered price greater than the cost
of a new item - a trap for young players. Monika got caught like that -
but only once.

> That sounds rather high. No special book rate?

Not that we have found.

Regards,
Ron

Arachne User