baslinux - Re: [BL] e2fsck on BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] e2fsck on BL3
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 04:03:22 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

BL3 has an old version of e2fsck that takes longer
to check the filesystem than more recent versions.
This is not an issue on the 20mb loop file (the check
is hardly noticeable). However, if you install BL3
to a 500mb filesystem (as I have just done), there
is a definite delay.

Try it on a 3GB drive!

You also get error messages trying to fix a file system with BL3 that was made with BL2. I have to run ramdisk BL2 and copy over e2fsck to the ramdisk and run it to fix the ext2 BL2.

Can you compile a later version for BL3, against libc or uclibc?

DOS PQMagic makes file systems that BL3 can handle.