baslinux - Re: [BL] long filenames cockatoo stew

  • From: "Ron Clarke" <ariadne AT ausreg.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] long filenames cockatoo stew
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 15:29:05 +1000

Hi Sindi,

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 04:18:12 +0000 (UTC), sindi keesan wrote:

>> No, but I do have a recipe for cockatoo stew, which I had forgotten
>> about.
>> You have to understand that cooked cockatoos are reputed to be very,
>> very tough to eat. So ....
>> Put your plucked and gutted cockatoo into a billy of boiling water
>> with your vegetables. Add an axe head. Cook until the axe head is
>> tender. Throw away the cockatoo and eat the axe head.

> Stone soup? How big is a billy?

Usually about 2 litres - about half a US gallon.

A billy is a camping item, usually used for boiling the water to make
tea (billy tea). It has a wire handle, a fitting lid, and often a
pouring spout. It is straight sided (cylindrical rather than conical).

And a shiny billy is regarded scornfully by experienced campers -
ours is smoke-blackened from years of camp fires.

Regards,
Ron

Ron Clarke
Tadpole Tunes http://www.tadpoletunes.com