baslinux - Re: [BL] long filenames cockatoo stew

  • From: "Ron Clarke" <ariadne AT ausreg.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] long filenames cockatoo stew
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:11:00 +1000

Hi Sindi,

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 05:03:47 +0000 (UTC), sindi keesan wrote:

> Can you provide a URL for the acorn stew?

No. :)

But I have got a recipe for using acorns as a roasted peanut
substitute. It is almost as good as the recipe for cooking cockatoos.

> We have a burr oak (Quercus macrocarpa). Do they grow down under?

In my garden (backyard) I have an English Oak and a Pin Oak, both
grown from acorns by yours truly.

So I guess the answer is yes. :)

Actually, most plants from anywhere in the world will grow somewhere
in Oz. The deserts might be a bit challenging, and tropical stuff has a
hard time in places where there is frost and/or snow. But my own garden
is very green and starting to be quite productive. We keep it nice by
the use of two rain water tanks, otherwise the drought would make it
impossible to grow much at all, what with the stage three water
restrictions.

Regards,
Ron

Ron Clarke