baslinux - Re: [BL] magicpoint

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] magicpoint
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 16:27:30 +0000 (UTC)

Note: I am not an expert on PowerPoint 4. I spent
less than 30 minutes with it. Experienced users may
know of a way to put pauses in PowerPoint 4, but I
couldn't find it. Later versions of PowerPoint no
doubt have added this feature, but it really surprised
me that it seemed to be missing from version 4.

I have attended numerous lectures given with Powerpoint and bits of the screen appear at a time.

There are online convertors from HTML to Powerpoint.
Magicpoint can be converted to HTML.

MagicPoint to HTML? Are you sure you mean MagicPoint?
PowerPoint converters are pretty common, but I've never
seen a MagicPoint converter. If there really is a
MagicPoint to HTML converter, I would definitely use it.
At the moment I've got no way to make printed copies of
my MagicPoint presentations. If I could convert to HTML,
I'd be able to print them.

I was searching google/linux on Magicpoint convert html

http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/linuxcommand.org/man_pages/mgp1.html

Options for mgp include:
-D htmldir
Generate html pages of the presentation into htmldir. You will need xwintoppm(1) (included in mgp kit) and pnmscale(1), cjpeg(1), and djpeg(1) (includnig in netpbm and Independent Jpeg Group jpeg package).

Default image type is jpg, but png is also supported.

Just add the BL3 netpbm package or at least the netpbm library and the three programs above.

Maybe you compiled an older less capable version of MagicPoint.

I also found mgp2ps - generate PostScript file from MagicPoint file
http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/linuxcommand.org/man_pages/mgp2ps1.html

Option -f to print to a ps file instead of the screen.

And mgp2latex.

I did not find any way to convert between powerpoint and magicpoint (HTML to either of those) just now.