baslinux - [BL] Convert Excel or Powerpoint to HTML or CSV text in BL2

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Convert Excel or Powerpoint to HTML or CSV text in BL2
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 16:34:33 +0000 (UTC)

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/xlpptview-BL2.tgz

xlhtml and ppthtml plus man pages and scripts to use with a browser or a mail program. Stripped but not upxed, to 62K and 19K.

Excel 95/97/2000 or Powerpoint 95/97 (version 4?).

Tested only on the included Test.xls file.

Convert the HTML to readable text with links or w3m etc.

Someone narrow-minded will not accept an invoice included in the body of an email message and says to 'type it in Excel'. I suggested she type up whatever she wants to see and I can convert and print and fax it back signed. (We have been going at this for two days now, also with WORD files that I had to convert online to PDF and print and sign).

I will try to compile these at sdf for reading emails without download.

  • [BL] Convert Excel or Powerpoint to HTML or CSV text in BL2, sindi keesan, 01/26/2007