baslinux - Re: [BL] magicpoint

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] magicpoint
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 19:54:11 +1300

Sindi wrote:

> > PowerPoint 4 was less capable than the MagicPoint
> > in BL3 for doing the type of presentations I do.
>
> What features do you find useful?

When I am making a submission, I prefer to reveal my
main points progressively as I make them. Line by line
or paragraph by paragraph. MagicPoint is perfect for
this. It allows you to put pauses anywhere in a page
and waits till you click the mouse (or press a key)
to reveal the subsequent material.

I couldn't find a similar feature in PowerPoint 4.
Apparently it only displays a page at a time.

Note: I am not an expert on PowerPoint 4. I spent
less than 30 minutes with it. Experienced users may
know of a way to put pauses in PowerPoint 4, but I
couldn't find it. Later versions of PowerPoint no
doubt have added this feature, but it really surprised
me that it seemed to be missing from version 4.

> There are online convertors from HTML to Powerpoint.
> Magicpoint can be converted to HTML.

MagicPoint to HTML? Are you sure you mean MagicPoint?
PowerPoint converters are pretty common, but I've never
seen a MagicPoint converter. If there really is a
MagicPoint to HTML converter, I would definitely use it.
At the moment I've got no way to make printed copies of
my MagicPoint presentations. If I could convert to HTML,
I'd be able to print them.