baslinux - Re: [BL] Old computers (was: Re: Help for a newbie)

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT ausreg.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Old computers (was: Re: Help for a newbie)
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 08:05:40 +1100

Hi Folks,

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 10:22:21 -0500
"Sheldon Isaac" <sheldon.isaac AT verizon.net> wrote:

> On 14 Jan 2007 at 11:48, Alejandro Lieber wrote:
>
> > Interesting....
> >
> > This computer is a 20Mhz 80286, 17 years old, using a microprosesor
> > designed 25 years ago.
>
> I still have my original Kaypro New 2, from 1984; 4Mhz Z-80a processor,
> 64KB
> RAM. it's in the basement, hasn't been used for several years. I have
> forgotten most of my CP/M and Z-system. Nor done any compiling etc, since
> about 1994-1995.

And I still have my NEC PC-8000, which has the 3.99 MHz Z-80 processor,
with 16 kb RAM, and uses 128 kb single-sided floppy disks. It has a BASIC
interpreter, and I used it to start learning about programming.
Green screen lo-res monitor, external 2-disk floppy drive. Still in the
original boxes and with original documentation.

I just can't bear to throw it out. :)

Regards,
Ron

--