baslinux - [BL] sdf mail problem

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] sdf mail problem
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 05:57:38 +0000 (UTC)

For the past four days or so it has been taking about 60 seconds to send mail using pine or mutt. Someone made some comment in the 'bboard' that I could not follow, about smtp and spam causing the problem. 'mail' sends immediately - can I access my inbox with it somehow? I can use it to send mail, but typing 'mail' tells me keesan has no mail.
Is there some feature in mutt or pine that can be turned off to fix the problem?

I have not figured out how to use bboard.

I cannot receive list mail at my other shell account (it is too slow for ibiblio) and would hate to use webmail.

For now I am replying to a minimum number of postings, and going off to my other account to read emails for 60 sec each time I post something (or reading a book).

While I am here, could someone explain how listening to a wireless broadcast of music over the internet uses more resources than listening to a wireless broadcast of FM music?