baslinux - Re: [BL] sdf mail problem

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] sdf mail problem
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 23:51:34 +0000 (UTC)

The problem at sdf had something to do with pine and mutt waiting until a mail went through before you could continue using them. I did some reading and you were supposed to run sendmail -t but that could only be done as root (I tried in .pinerc). My posting to bboard disappeared, in which I requested they fix this system-wide, but it is now fixed.

Someone else waited 3 min 29 for a mail to be sent with mutt.

In the meantime I experimented with splitvt but forgot the commands. In theory I could set the screen to 1280 resolution (with aty28fb and fbset) and copy my mails from the top screen (reading with pine) to the bottom screen (where I replied with mailx) once I remembered how to invoke pico so I could import a file (or paste with splitvt using vi commands). Screen in two full screens would also have worked.

Rather a disappointment to have pine suddenly working again.