baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 17:43:45 +1300

Greg Mayman wrote:

> I have found the problem with some help from people in another list.
> BL3 apparently has very limited space, and I filled it.

Two people here told you that too. Are you not getting
the messages from here?

> The solution offered is to delete all files and re-install it.

No, the solution (which I said in a message to you) was to
install BasicLinux to its own HD partition. Running the 20mb
filesystem on DOS is only meant to be an introduction.

> There is no point in an OS that I can't use to keep the stuff
> I want.

You can keep whatever you like. You just need to assign
some space on your HD for a Linux partition and install
BasicLinux to it.

> What a waste of time this has been.

Sorry to hear you say that. All of us have been frustrated
by Linux at one time or another, but we've learned from it.
I'm sure you would have made progress too if you had stuck
with it.