baslinux - Re: [BL] JATON WinCOMM V92 PCI modem (2001) now supports linux

  • From: "Samual Acorn" <sam.acorn AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] JATON WinCOMM V92 PCI modem (2001) now supports linux
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 05:59:36 -0600

v92 will only upload faster than v90 if your ISP (and modem) properly
support V.PCM upstream.... 9 times out of 10 the modem did it right...
the ISP on the other hand... no...
youll have to call and ask but dont put too much faith in it....

i bought an external v92 in the hopes i would one day be able to use
V.PCM... only to later read that my ISP has officially decided not to
support it... how nice of them.... (still a good modem tho... wouldnt
trade a hardware external for a winmodem if i were payed to)

56k will upload faster than 28.8 because it uploads as a 33.6k
modem... that is... if you can get it to connect at and maintain 33.6k
upload speeds...

post 2000 agere and lucent are the same thing...

3Com and USR are the same and Rockwell and Conexant are the same...
but its all going to be the 'luck of the draw' when trying to use
drivers 'ment' for one of the same companies other names....

as for compiling... i dont have BL on anything so.... anyone else up
for that one?