baslinux - Re: [BL] OSS drivers for onboard sound

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] OSS drivers for onboard sound
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 03:28:53 +0000 (UTC)

IBM Netvista 2276-30U, with ADI 1885 soundmax sound as part of Intel
chipset 810,

Intel 810 chipsets typically use the i810_audio.o module. I think that
module also needs ac97_codec.o and the usual sound.o and soundcore.o.

Apparently so does the HP Pavilion with the same onboard Intel video (in Intel 810 chip) and now the SiS 7012 Audio also uses i810_audio.o. Elite Computer Systems, a Socket A Athlon. I have been putting in ESS Solo1 (poor sound), SBLive (no OPL3 or AWE32 support without ALSA), ES1370 and ES1371 to replace onboard sound because the newer boards have only 0 or 1 ISA slots.

We have three more onboard sounds to check out.

I tried the 2.2.26 'big' kernel with BL2 and BL3, assuming that if Steven
posted the modules they would insert. They would not insert.

soundcore and sound inserted, ac97_codec and i810_audio refused:

'Can't handle sections of type 11 [or 1685024046]. Invalid argument'

Was the big kernel compiled to accept these modules? They are in the
online collection but I don't see them in config.big and I don't have help
files for this kernel.

David or Steven, can you insert ac97_codec.o in the big kernel?

Could someone please check if this inserts for them with 2.2.26?
If it does not, would recompiling the 'big' kernel fix it?

2.4.31 Configure.help has an i810.o for graphics but no mention of i810
audio or AD1885. How do I compile for it?

And how would I compile for 2.4.31?
I don't see any mention of i810 audio, just video.